OverviewDomtar Associate Process Engineer Full Time in Kamloops, BC
Branch Kamloops BC CA
Associate Process Engineer
You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering with emphasis in process and/or pulp and paper….
We’re not just a fiber company. We’re a company of fiber.
North America’s largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper, and among its “greenest”, we, also, are the 4th largest fluff pulp producer and top 10 supplier of NBSK (Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft) in the world. At Domtar you can expect more than just a job. We offer opportunities on which you can truly build a career
Domtar is currently looking to hire two full-time associate Process Engineers for the softwood Kraft pulp mill located in Kamloops, B.C . This is an exciting, new developmental position targeting recent graduates/ E.I.T ’s.
Working with experienced process engineers in the Operations Department, the associate Process Engineer will receive in depth training on the complex process of pulp manufacturing as he/she applies their knowledge of chemical process operations and control towards process optimization challenges. Additionally, the associate will get an opportunity to provide process support to projects through the Engineering Department. Process troubleshooting, statistical process control, process tuning, energy efficiency, environmental improvements, and cost reduction are just a few of the many areas where this position will be adding value.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, first nation people, and members of visible minorities to apply.
- You are known for your strong organizational skills and ability to work across organizational boundaries;
- You are recognized as a team player with strong personal initiative and follow-through;
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering with emphasis in process and/or pulp and paper.
The mill is located in Kamloops, British Columbia. Kamloops is BC’s Friendliest City and Canada’s Tournament Capital! Close to 95,000 people resides in this beautiful community that has a lifestyle like no other with 82 parks, over 200 lakes within an hour’s drive, close access to two ski hills and 13 diverse golf courses. The City is vibrant & growing fast, offers an extensive variety of services, businesses, leisure facilities and outdoor activities.
- Competitive compensation including an annual incentive plan;
- Flexible Insurance plans (medical, dental, life);
- Company-funded pension plan;
- Wellness program including health assessment and coaching
- Paid vacation/holidays;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employer-supported development and continuing education.
Thank you for applying at Domtar. Please note only selected candidates for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21