OverviewDomtar Agent, Logistics – Payables Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Agent, Logistics – Payables
Reporting to the Supervisor, Supply Chain Services, your role as Agent, Logistics – Payables, will be to handle specific types off freight payables such as LTL,…
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
This position is part of the Logistics Support group and our mission is to support the different Pulp and Paper businesses and services in the Supply Chain. Specifically, manage rates and payables resolution related to all modes of transport, support export process, adjust inventory and customer invoices, arrange returns when needed, and manage Non-Quality claims.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Supply Chain Services, your role as Agent, Logistics – Payables, will be to handle specific types off freight payables such as LTL, FTL, intermodal and ocean. This implies to verify that rates and surcharges invoiced by our carriers are in accordance with Domtar’s contracts and to request necessary justifications for all discrepancies and make necessary adjustments to allow payment.
- Validate paid invoices by auto-pay and resolve problems encountered by verifying the statement received, by verifying that the rates and other charges on the invoices are the same as the one ones the contract or in other documentation like rate tables, fuel surcharge, and approval notice;
- Validate and approve manual invoice received by carrier truck and by intermodal transport of pulp and of paper shipments. Invoices received from carriers are for all extra/accessorial charges, for invoiced amount with spot quotes, and for LTL freight invoices that will need to be dispatched where mill usage is involved;
- Communicate with different internal and external party for invoicing or payable problem resolution such as carriers, Logistics team, Corporate groups, and the Accounts Payable team and Transport team;
- Insure the importation tax payment of our exportation and the oversea partners charges payment ;
- Receive check from carriers related to Domtar claims for damages, prepare deposit and send it to AP.
- When necessary, collaborate and help the logistic Support team members with some of their tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Customer oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Work well in a team environment.;
- Attentive to details, able to work under minimum supervision and a fast learner;
- Bilingual, both spoken and written, in French and in English.
- College degree or the equivalent;
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience in Logistics or in Transportation payables;
- High proven skills with the Microsoft Office suite (Mastering of Excel, Access, etc.);
- Knowledge of SAP, BaaN and DPS is considered an asset.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and reference verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- A downtown location (Place des Arts metro);
- A modern and spacious environment;
- A flexible insurance plan (life, medical, dental);
- An employee assistance program;
- A childcare center on location;
- Competitive compensation, including annual bonus plan;
- A pension plan with matching company contributions;
- Employer-paid development and continuing education.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montréal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2018-03-15