OverviewDivisional Secretary I in Kamloops, BC
Thompson Rivers University
Branch Kamloops BC CA
Divisional Secretary I
material. Performs secretarial duties such as… secondary training. EXPERIENCE Three year’s secretarial experience including one years’ experience with…
Provides a wide range of administrative and secretarial services for designated Divisions.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grade 12, plus one-year post-secondary training.
- Three year’s secretarial experience including one years’ experience with electronic word processing and data entry.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Ability to perform electronic word processing at 60 wpm and data entry.
- The proven ability to take and transcribe minutes and correspondence at 70 verbal wpm.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with staff, students and members of the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise considerable independent action.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines and audio-visual equipment.
- Minor conditions with occasional exposure to dust, noise, and restrictive workspace.
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, please ensure that you bring a copy of your transcripts to the interview
The salary for the above position is determined by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 4879, as it presently exists.
CUPE Grade 07 $24.80
This Position is not subject to a 90% start rate for new Employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, TRU encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. Applicants are invited to identify themselves if they belong to any of the four designated groups.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-14