OverviewDigital Communication Strategist (4 Month Contract) in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Digital Communication Strategist (4 Month Contract)
opportunities and Search optimization performance, as well as targeted paid media strategies Monitor and report on metrics and learning Responsible for…
POSITION: Digital Communication Strategist (4 Month Contract)
COMPANY: Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada
BUSINESS UNIT: PetCare
LOCATION: Mississauga, ON
REPORTS TO: Director, Purina Brand & Digital Acceleration
CONTRACT TERM : November 2014 to March 2015
About Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada
We are a leader in the pet care industry, whose vision is to be the world’s most trusted Company in Enriching the Lives of Pets and the People Who Love Them . We are high performers who thrive among the best and offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment where you can contribute to challenging, satisfying and meaningful work. We are committed to building a team that is committed to pets and their owners. Your Pet, Our Passion ®
The individual will be responsible for sustaining and supporting the digital strategy for Nestlé Purina PetCare (NPP) Canada and driving the development of successful digital plans and results.
- Accountable for the execution of defined strategies related to our digital properties and communications:
- Supports execution of planned tactics against annual plan and budget to support digital properties / platforms
- Accountable for hosting / maintenance policies and processes across digital properties, including update management and working with IT to ensure best practices and protocols are followed
- Supports execution of digital Property /content opportunities and Search optimization performance, as well as targeted paid media strategies
- Monitor and report on metrics and learning
- Responsible for driving digital engagement to achieve brand communication objectives:
- Working with agency partners, accountable for the execution and maintenance of Digital and Search plans for the brands, ensuring integration of appropriate digital touch points.
- As brand team digital co-pilot, provoke rich strategy discussion to drive clarity and relevance of Digital Task, Objectives and KPI’s
- Support acceleration of our market presence in digital to achieve Digital Roadmap goals:
- Leveraging Nestle Centers of Excellence and Industry contacts, commits to accelerated learning and constant immersion in digital and Search world to achieve digital marketing Excellence status. Ensures fast adoption of emerging platforms and technology where appropriate.
- Creates digital processes and templates for brand teams to instill a more disciplined approach to digital communication planning
- Actively shares and transfers knowledge to broad brand team.
- Ensures documentation and showcases digital results and learning
- Stewardship of digital best practices and Industry Standards:
- Ensures compliance with Nestle, Industry and Government best practices.
- Works collaboratively with IT to communicate and execute compliance policies, status, and ensure all digital properties are following the appropriate protocols
- Accountable for digital agency management (and selection where applicable)
- Serves as Acting Nestle Purina Privacy Officer.
- Support digital asset pipeline through North American and Global alignment opportunities:
- Maintain NA alignment of digital properties and agencies to improve cost effectiveness, reach, quality and depth of digital initiatives
- Shares with internal brand teams a “digital / content pipeline” of opportunities
- Maintains networked relationship with the US Digital team
- Leverage Global digital partnerships / agreements where relevant.
- Completion of Business or University Degree with a marketing focus.
- 3 – 5 years of marketing communication experience with digital marketing exposure and sound understanding of digital and social platforms.
- Strong knowledge of CMS system and ability to author content to live web pages.
- Experience developing brand business strategies, and plans.
- Competencies must include strategic thinker, analytical skills, problem solver, self-starter, and good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. English/French bilingualism an asset.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multitask.
- Excellent understanding of Internet/Web based programs, social platforms, and search
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft office, data transfer and data base)
For further insight on our culture, values and principles, please visit http://www.purina.ca/ .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13