OverviewDHX Studios Receptionist Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Assist management and production teams with administrative tasks and other duties as they arise. Maintain the upkeep of crew kitchens and replenish kitchen…
DHX Media is recognized worldwide for our diverse original properties and our work on some of the top brands in children’s entertainment. But we create more than just animation. We build worlds and experiences across all platforms from TV and games to online and mobile. Our staff dig into a wide variety of projects, from action to comedy and preschool to tween, and they get to enjoy awesome benefits and company events while they’re at it. With some of Canada’s top artists, writers and producers on our team, our studios are bursting with creative energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
About the Position
Our Receptionist is the face of DHX Studios – Vancouver, and is responsible for providing a great first impression and administrative support to clients, visitors and our own corporate and production teams. We are looking for a detail-oriented, confident and energetic personality to fill this position ASAP! The ideal candidate is well-organized, adaptable and thrives in a creative environment. Exceptional communication skills and the ability to take initiative are equally important.
- Oversee front reception; answer phone calls, fax, scan, and photocopy documents, etc.
- Ship and Receive mail and courier packages, and distribute to appropriate departments
- Coordinate meetings for various departments
- Maintain the upkeep of crew kitchens and replenish kitchen supplies as needed
- Perform light maintenance tasks as needed; e.g. replacing light bulbs, refilling toilet paper, cleaning out work areas, etc.
- Maintain appropriate stock of office supplies and paper through weekly ordering
- Process invoices received and outgoing cheques
- Assist management and production teams with administrative tasks and other duties as they arise
- Work closely with the team to create balanced solutions to issues
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with assistance from the Operations Manager
- Readily modify, respond to, and integrate change as instructed by the Operations Manager
- Recommend any team training needs to Operations Manager
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- Be a positive and creative force on the team
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous office administration experience is an asset
- Expert attention to detail and coordinating skills are a must
- Enthusiastic and organized
- Administratively minded
- Proactive and eager to take on any task
- Ability to take direction and be a team player
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to build rapport and relate well to all kinds of people
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-07-09