OverviewDevelopmental Disabilities Association Awake Night Staff Part Time in Vancouver, BC
Developmental Disabilities Association
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Awake Night Staff
Due to the nature of personal care for male clients, this position is only open to MALE applicants.*. Diploma or Certificate in an approved Health Care Training…
Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: AWAKE NIGHT STAFF | #ANPP17-11
SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
START DATE: As soon as possible
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Part Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Wed (Alternating)/Thu/Fri/Sat 22:00-8:30 // 73.5 hours over two weeks
HOURLY WAGE: $16.74 per collective agreement
The Awake Night Staff (AWNS) provides a safe, comfortable, and home-like environment for each resident with the opportunity for each resident to develop life skills to the limits of their desire and potential. The AWNS also ensures good communication between team members, family, and professionals with regard to the life of the individual.
Education & Experience:
- Diploma or Certificate in an approved Health Care Training Program.
- 1-2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to implement complex behaviour programs.
- Skilled in proactive training programs and crisis intervention.
- Must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs.
- Formal training in the area of counselling and behavior management.
Standard requirements of the Awake Night Staff include:
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Educational and training opportunities
*Due to the nature of personal care for male clients, this position is only open to MALE applicants.*
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Quote ANPP17-11 in subject line of your email, attach an up-to-date resume & cover letter and send ‘Attention H.R. Assistant’ to [email protected]
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10