OverviewDesjardins Human Resources Advisor Full Time in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC
Branch Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu QC CA
Human Resources Advisor
Staff non-management caisse positions using available tools by assisting managers in assessing candidates and conducting interviews….
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
The incumbent assists, support and advises caisse managers in selecting, applying and implementing human resources solutions, practices, programs, policies and tools.
General Information on the Position
- Advise and support managers in selecting, applying and implementing various human resources programs and practices.
- Staff non-management caisse positions using available tools by assisting managers in assessing candidates and conducting interviews.
- Carry out pay integration according to prescribed rules, ensure proper application of the guide to working conditions and/or collective agreement and implement compensation systems and programs.
- Ensure the proper application of laws, standards, codes of conduct, and human resources policies and practices (e.g. health, security, charters). Perform any ensuing administrative follow-up activities.
- Support managers in implementing orientation and integration activities for new employees.
- Track indicators of personnel movement (e.g. turnover rates and absenteeism).
- Update employee records and perform ensuing follow-up activities related to salary management.
- If necessary, make minor adjustments to certain human resources tools to ensure they meet the actual needs of the caisse and to facilitate their implementation (e.g. skills development plan, training programs).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (major in Human Resources) or Industrial Relations
- 0 to 1 year of experience in human resources management support
- Other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Knowledge of change management approaches
- Knowledge of external environment
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation, standards and ethics governing the operations of the caisse and its centres
- Knowledge of motivational management practices
- Knowledge of human resources management programs
- Knowledge of human resources and labour law specializations
- Knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of the democratic structure of the caisses and the Desjardins network
- Interpersonal savvy
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Priority setting
- Hiring and staffing
Caisse Desjardins du Haut-Richelieu
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-29