OverviewDesjardins Communications Advisor (12-18 month Temporary Assignment) Temporary in Greater Toronto Area, ON
Branch Greater Toronto Area ON CA
Communications Advisor (12-18 month Temporary Assignment)
Greater Toronto Area, ON
Sales communications and insurance industry experience considered an asset. Assesses results, benefits and quality of services, and adjusts the response plan,…
This is a 12-18 month temporary assignment for a Communications Advisor who will service the State Farm Business Line. The position will be located in our office in Aurora.
- Helps develop guidelines, policies and standards for his or her unit or clientele.
- Advises and supports clientele, designs communication plans and implements strategies, activities, programs, and internal and communication tools related to the business plan.
- Coordinates the planning, design and execution of the development, implementation and updating of various communication mandates, and ensures they meet clients’ needs. Assesses results, benefits and quality of services, and adjusts the response plan, as needed.
- Develops and implements solutions, namely by developing various communication tools for clients, and writes various texts or articles. Revises texts and proofreads various documents.
- Supports his or her unit or clientele by developing various communication tools for strategic files or communication activities.
- Plans events, programs, special projects and communication activities targeting various audiences.
- Represents his or her unit and Desjardins with respect to partners, external organizations or various committees, and monitors communication activities.
- Supports the activities of the members of senior management by preparing and writing speeches, messages and various other texts and providing strategic communications advice.
- Supports his or her unit with respect to State Farm Business Line strategic communications by providing regular updates on the progress of communication issues and files.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- 5-7 years of formal communications experience strongly desired.
- A University degree in Communication or Public Relations is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sales communications and insurance industry experience considered an asset
- Ability to interact with all levels of business partners within State Farm
- May be expected to travel and work irregular hours
- Drive for results
- Strategic agility
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Written communications
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Successful candidate will be required to pass background security checks (including criminal, credit and references) and complete assessments necessary for the role.
- Desjardins supports diversity in the workplace and promotes an open and inclusive work environment. We value and respond to the many competing priorities in your lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
REPORTS TO: Agency Communications & Event Planning Manager, Aurora
Number of Openings : 1
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Scarborough, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-12-05