OverviewDesign Group Staffing Shipper/Logistics Coordinator Contract in Dundas, ON
Design Group Staffing
Branch Dundas ON CA
Effective working knowledge of trucking logistics and load consolidation options. Design Group is currently recruiting for a Shipping/Logistics Coordinator in…
Design Group is currently recruiting for a Shipping/Logistics Coordinator in the Stoney Creek area, this role is with our client who is a manufacturer of automated welding systems. They are looking for a driven individual who would be supporting the company and their shipping practices on a full-time basis. This role would be a probationary contract which leads to full time permanent opportunity.
Typical Duties Include:
- Continually evaluate shipping alternatives to ensure timely and the most cost-effective routings to all destinations.
- Ship internally or globally in accordance with Customs Import/Export Requirements and any customer needs.
- Create and file proper documentation – Commercial Invoices, Bill of Lading, B13 Export Declarations and Packing Lists.
- Maintain 5S environment and work in a safe manner to continually improve the department’s service to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Effective understanding and knowledge of US and international Customs Requirements including Commercial Invoices, Cargo Manifests, NAFTA Certificates, Temporary Import Bonds, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, and Harmonization Classifications
- Effective working knowledge of trucking logistics and load consolidation options
- Solid understanding of loading dock, tow-motor and warehousing safety principles
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in shipping /logistics coordination required
- Experience preparing documents and shipments for Trade Shows is an asset
- Experience shipping under Import/Export Letters of Credit is an asset
- Experience shipping to China and Korea is an asset
If you are interested, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: [email protected]
Design Group Staffing would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative formats available upon request
We encourage you to visit www.dg.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Dundas, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04