OverviewDesign Draftsperson – Electrical (temporary) in Montréal, QC
Great Lakes St. Lawrence Seaway System
Branch Montréal QC CA
Design Draftsperson – Electrical (temporary)
Performs inspection of construction works to ensure… design, inspection, and framework/structure construction. Formal Education and/or Certification(s…
ROLE : Carries out the planning, conception and execution of drawings to meet operational requirements and to provide for long term reliability of the infrastructure and equipment. Performs inspection of construction works to ensure conformance with contracts, drawings, specifications and regulations. This contract has a duration of 3 to 5 years.
HIGHLIGHT OF DUTIES:
- Create, maintain and verify drawings using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) technology ensuring quality of content, compliance with standards and presentation.
- Inspect and oversee electrical construction work to ensure technical compliance, conformance with contracts, specifications, adjustments, regulations and site & equipment safety.
- Act as a liaison between internal and external services including contractors.
- Produce detailed designs for structures, systems & equipment including performing calculations, material specifications, design briefs etc.
- Prepare reports.
General and Specific Knowledge
- Knowledge of the applicable procedures, rules, standards and safe work practices with respect to performing duties.
- Advanced proficiency in computer applications, tools and related office software (i.e. Auto CAD, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project etc.).
- Strong knowledge of drawing techniques, design, inspection, and framework/structure construction.
Formal Education and/or Certification(s)
- College diploma in Engineering Technology.
- Certified Engineering Technologist or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
Years of Experience
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in the design of computer-assisted drawings and the inspection of construction work.
- Communicate effectively, in both verbally and in writing, in both official languages.
- Work in an environment focused on client service, quality and teamwork.
- Design, draw and draft technical specifications.
HOURS OF WORK : 37.5 hours
SALARY : Class 7
$33.43/hour to $35.51/hour
We thank all applicants who have shown an interest in the St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation, however, only those who will be selected for an interview will be contacted. Dedicated to the principles of employment equity, the SLSMC is committed to building an inclusive, barrier-free workplace and encourages women, members of a visible minority group, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities to apply.
If you do not have a profile in the system, click on ” Apply for this Position” . Otherwise enter your e-mail pasword below.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Montréal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13