OverviewDescartes Human Resources Generalist (6 Month Contract) Contract in Waterloo, ON
Branch Waterloo ON CA
Human Resources Generalist (6 Month Contract)
All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may…
Descartes (TSX: DSG) (Nasdaq: DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 220,000 connected parties using its cloud-based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world’s largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com .
Position Summary Our North American Human Resources team supports approximately 600 employees throughout the U.S. and Canada, and the HR Generalist will have the opportunity to be involved in driving the full range of HR services for our North America operations, including:
- Providing leadership and front-line HR support to North America managers and employees by proactively consulting with business units to achieve objectives;
- Providing professional advice and guidance on a variety of HR related functions, such as policies and procedures, compensation, performance management, employee relations, training and development, employee benefits, employment law, and terminations;
- Involvement in the recruitment and selection process to successfully fulfill recruitment needs and objectives;
- Researching and resolving day-to-day business unit issues related to HR in a fair and consistent manner; and
- HR-related projects as assigned.
Your professional judgment and ability to provide independent creative solutions to critical HR problems will be vital to success in this role. Confidentiality is a crucial requirement, as you will be dealing with highly sensitive employee issues and information. You will be expected to recommend appropriate solutions and successfully implement those solutions as needed. We are looking for an outgoing, confident individual who enjoys working as part of a small team, but also appreciates the challenges of working autonomously.
- University Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or related field of knowledge is required;
- Minimum 3 years of progressive HR experience required, preferably in a hi-tech environment;
- Expertise with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is essential;
- Solid recruitment background with experience sourcing and filling roles at all levels of the organization;
- HR professional designation complete or in progress;
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure, and continuously demonstrate high personal standards for customer service; and
- Strategic thinker and independent problem solver; must be able to bring issues and projects to timely completion.
Offer We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Application Instructions Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to [email protected] citing “HR Generalist” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process or would like a copy of this job posting in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or 1-800-419-8495.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Waterloo, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10