OverviewDepartment of Transportation and Works Senior Engineer Temporary in St. John’s, NL
Department of Transportation and Works
Branch St. John’s NL CA
St. John’s, NL
The Senior Engineer acts as a design team leader for multi-discipline projects. Work is done consistent with the Professional Engineers and Geoscientist Act,…
The positions report to the Manager of Facilities Planning and are responsible for the project management duties associated with the delivery of major infrastructure projects which are being delivered through alternative project delivery methodologies such as Public Private Partnerships (P3). Work is done consistent with the Professional Engineers and Geoscientist Act, and in accordance with the requirements of other relevant legislation, authorities having jurisdiction, design codes and standards, departmental policy and procedures including the publicly available Project Management and Design Manual (PMDA). The incumbent will be the Department’s main point of contact with various client departments, external consultants, contracts and other stakeholders involved in project delivery. The Senior Engineer will have a current and comprehensive knowledge of building infrastructure project delivery and will have experience/knowledge in the areas of contract management, design, project coordination, preparation of working drawings and specifications, technical analysis and reporting, and provision of technical advisory services. The incumbent provides advice and guidance for the solution of engineering problems including design, technical, financial and administrative issues; provides direction to consultants, contractors and inspectors with respect to client requirements and limitations; technical and procedural requirements in accordance with the PMDA; as well as regulatory/legislative requirements. The incumbent will assist in the preparation of project briefing notes, client reports, Requests for Proposals, and project financial updates as required. The Senior Engineer acts as a design team leader for multi-discipline projects. The engineer must be sufficiently versed in the architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural and civil aspects of buildings to enable successful coordination of design efforts for multi-discipline projects. The Build Better Buildings Policy is a Government wide initiative to ensure that government funded facilities are built incorporating “green” technologies, as part of this policy the Canada Green Building Councils (CaGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) rating system is implemented and strives for a LEED Silver Rating on most facilities. Familiarization with LEED rating system and implementation on building projects is required. Performs related work as required.
Merit Criteria (What is this?) Screening Criteria
Conditions of Employment (What is this?) Conditions of
Conditions of Acceptance
For more information about this opportunity please call Steve Forward at (709) 729-2632.
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applications should be received before the close of business on the closing date – late applications with explanation may be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
- All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04