OverviewDepartment of Transportation and Works Heavy Equipment Technician (First Year Apprentice) Contract in Salt Pond, NL
Department of Transportation and Works
Branch Salt Pond NL CA
Heavy Equipment Technician (First Year Apprentice)
Salt Pond, NL
For more information about this opportunity please call Christine Nurse at (709) 466-4121. Through an Apprenticeship Training Program, the Department is…
Through an Apprenticeship Training Program, the Department is endeavouring to provide apprentices with the opportunity for progression through the various levels of the apprenticeship program leading to Journeyperson Certification. This will be accomplished by providing the relevant work experience and mentoring. The Apprentice will provide assistance to the Journey Person Heavy Equipment Technician in the diagnosing and repair of problems related to light and heavy equipment carried out in the region. Equipment includes trucks, loaders, snow plows, snow blowers, graders and air powered equipment. Work involves repairing, rebuilding and fabricating parts and components of light and heavy vehicles, its systems and related equipment. Performs duties in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety regulations and safe work practices pertaining to workplace and equipment. This work will facilitate learning in the operations of a mechanical facility and provide opportunities to apply necessary skills.
Merit Criteria (What is this?) Screening Criteria
Conditions of Employment (What is this?) Conditions of
Candidates must submit, with their resume, a letter from the Division of Institutional and Industrial Training confirming their apprenticeship status.
For more information about this opportunity please call Christine Nurse at (709) 466-4121
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applications should be received before the close of business on the closing date – late applications with explanation may be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
- All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Burin, NL, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-20