OverviewDepartment of Fisheries, Forestry and Agrifoods Veterinary Laboratory Technician Temporary in St. Alban’s, NL
Department of Fisheries, Forestry and Agrifoods
Branch St. Alban’s NL CA
Veterinary Laboratory Technician
St. Alban’s, NL
Location is temporarily at the Centre for Aquaculture Health and Development in St. Reporting to the Lab Manager (Veterinary Lab Technologist) the position…
Reporting to the Lab Manager (Veterinary Lab Technologist) the position provides technician support to the aquaculture veterinarians to conduct aquatic veterinary medicine in the province. Responsibilities include performing field work; collecting and examining fish samples; participating in post mortem examinations; preserving and shipping specimens; maintaining records of specimens received, findings and results of examinations, tests, analyses, and diagnoses; performing diagnostic procedures, recording results, and reporting results; maintaining technical laboratory equipment and supplies; preparing bacterial media cultures for microscopic examination; examining fish specimens by direct and microscopic techniques; performing blood tests on fish blood; identifying disease causing microorganisms; performing antibiotic sensitivity tests; compiling monthly and annual reports; and other related duties as required.
Merit Criteria (What is this?) Screening Criteria
Conditions of Employment (What is this?) Conditions of
Conditions of Acceptance
For more information about this opportunity please call Dr. Nicole O’Brien at (709) 729-5195.
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Applications should be received before the close of business on the closing date – late applications with explanation may be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
- All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Saint Alban's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25