OverviewDengarry Professional Services Ltd. Team Leader Part Time in Quesnel, BC
Dengarry Professional Services Ltd.
Branch Quesnel BC CA
Liaises with the community, government, families, officials, professionals, academic institutions and organization staff and promotes community involvement in…
As part of a multidisciplinary leadership team, the Team Leader oversees the day-to-day operations of residential programs support adults with Developmental Disabilities. The Team Leader provides ongoing mentoring and supervision of staff and provides ongoing mentoring and support to the individuals in the program. This position is 18 hours per week with the potential to grow into a full time position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and evaluates residence goals, objectives, policies and procedures and ensures the required standards are maintained. Plans with staff for changes.
- Schedules, supervises and evaluates residence staff and monitors daily operations. Assists in recruiting and selecting of staff and provides guidance, training and orientation on policies, procedures, techniques, report preparation or other matters arising in the residence. Identifies the needs of staff for professional development. Recognizes exemplary staff performance and enforces progressive discipline as required.
- Provides leadership, guidance and participates with staff, families and others in planning & providing plans (Individual Service Plan, Health, Skill Development, Behaviour Management, Profiles, etc.) case conferencing, case management and the preparation of related documents and reports. Ensures plans are up to date and reviewed as per relevant policy.
- Directs staff meetings related to day-to-day operations and individuals needing support and training.
- Participates in developing and updating general and specific personnel policies.
- Monitors, authorizes and allocates expenditures within the operating budget for the year and assists senior management in preparing the budget. Prepares and maintains related documentation.
- Liaises with the community, government, families, officials, professionals, academic institutions and organization staff and promotes community involvement in the program.
- Ensures the cleanliness, safety, security and maintenance of the residence in accordance with relevant policy standards and Licensing, where applicable, either directly or through delegation to staff.
- Maintains the residence’s inventory of supplies.
- Works as a residence worker, where staff requires assistance, performing the duties as needed.
- Provides relief to other team leaders in their absence.
- Participates in 24 -hour emergency on call rotation with other Team Leaders.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Quesnel, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-30