Delta St. John’s Hotel and Conference Centre Director of Operations Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Delta St. John’s Hotel and Conference Centre
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Director of Operations
St. John’s, NL
Assists General Manager with the monitoring of the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial…
Assists the General Manager with the oversight of all aspects of Property Management including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development within established quality standards. Responsible for the hiring, training and discipline of all hotel staff. Manages the hotel in the absence of the General Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees overall day-to-day hotel operations as delegated by the General Manager.
- Participates in the development of short-term and long-term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the Company.
- Assists General Manager with the execution of marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan.
- Maintains reservations systems such as Yield Management System and Property Management System.
- Assists General Manager with the monitoring of the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Suggests and implements corrective actions.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Suggests and implements corrective actions.
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction. Ensures proper
- Handles guest complaints. Reviews guest feedback and implement strategies for continuous improvement
- Ensures implementation of appropriate solutions to increase customer service and hotel revenues.
- Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Housekeeping and Front Office departments.
- Directs day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance
- Establishes and maintains a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, payroll and benefits administration, and compliance with established labour regulations.
- Supervises and motivates designated employees; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, provincial or municipal authority.
- Works with management to accurately document and report revenue and expenses while safeguarding all hotel assets and its operations.
- Monitors and maintains all accounting functions within the hotel including; revenue, accounts receivable and payable, inventory systems, contractual agreements and cash processing activities as specified, in Westmont Policies and Procedures
- Produces complete, accurate, timely and meaningful periodical data/reports to hotel management and corporate office in accordance with company reporting requirements and policies as required
- Assist and coordinate, in conjunction with the General Manager and other department heads, in preparing the annual budget, forecasts and other recurring financial reporting requirements of the hotel.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
- Ensures implementation of applicable preventive maintenance programs that protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- As required of all hotel associates, assists any customer or potential customer in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and helpful manner at all times.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Management, Hospitality Management or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive hotel management experience.
- Strong background in the development & execution of business, marketing & sales plans & operating budgets.
- Proven track record in revenue management, exceeding market share and sales targets.
- Must be a results oriented, hands-on leader with high ethics, personal accountability and a proven track record of being an exceptional communicator, coach and mentor to ensure high performance and superior customer service delivery.
- Must be able to delegate responsibilities, organize projects, and establish priorities consistent with hotel objectives.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and administration skills.
- Capacity to establish interpersonal office relationships as well as business relationships.
- Above average proficiency/familiarity with computerized systems.
- Familiarity with accounting principles
- Hands on management style a must
- Ability to deal with all levels of management, staff and guests in a professional manner.
- A service orientation with excellent time management skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
Job Type: Full-time