OverviewDeloitte Technical Architect Full Time in Greater Toronto Area, ON
Branch Greater Toronto Area ON CA
Greater Toronto Area, ON
At Deloitte we are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. The SOA solution will be implemented using the IBM technology product stack and…
Join Deloitte and bring back that loving feeling. And love the company you keep.
At Deloitte we are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. We know that business as usual just won’t cut it. Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility and innovation needed to perform at the highest levels and exceed expectations.
We offer a unique Talent Experience that empowers our people with opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Independent Contractors are a key component of Deloitte’s delivery model providing expertise that is not warranted on a continuous basis or assistance when resources are scarce. It is important to state that Independent Contractors are not employees of the Firm and are not on Firm payroll. Deloitte may engage independent consultants /contractors (either individuals or incorporated individuals) to augment an engagement team in providing professional services to Deloitte clients or, to support internal Deloitte requirements, or to enhance Firm eminence.
The role would support the infrastructure design and product configuration for a SOA middleware implementation for the healthcare industry.
The SOA solution will be implemented using the IBM technology product stack and include IBM’s DataPower, Integration Bus, and WSRR products. The product stack will be implemented on VMWare VSpere 5+ using Oracle as the backend database. The Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for supporting the infrastructure design for the product including logical and physical topology, network design, automated operations, automated VM deployment, sizing, and establishing network, storage, and other infrastructure requirements related to the SOA middleware solution.
- Minimum 6 years of industry experience across infrastructure design and implementation.
- Experience in designing infrastructure and implementing environments for middleware / SOA solutions.
- Experience with high availability, disaster recover, and high transaction environments.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure design relating to networking, firewalls, load balancing, and clustering.
- Hands-on deployment experience across large scale environments. IBM WebSphere product line experience an asset.
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Collaborating with hosting partner on infrastructure requirements and IBM software configuration.
- Knowledge of operational and infrastructure monitoring. IBM SmartCloud / Tivoli product line experience an asset.
- Knowledge of VMWare VSphere including creation and deployment of virtual appliances.
- Healthcare industry experience an asset.
- nice to have experience with WAS and WS notification
- Duration: 6 months
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Greater Toronto Area, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25