OverviewDeloitte Consulting – Manager – Business Transformation – Strategy & Operations Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Consulting – Manager – Business Transformation – Strategy & Operations
Exceptional intellectual horsepower, including strong critical thinking skills, analytical abilities, and the capacity for lateral/creative thinking….
Join Deloitte and bring back that loving feeling. And love the company you keep.
At Deloitte we are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. We know that business as usual just won’t cut it. Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility and innovation needed to perform at the highest levels and exceed expectations.
We offer a unique Talent Experience that empowers our people with opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services in 56 offices across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Consulting in one word? Multifaceted. The different layers of challenging work, diverse workplaces and opportunities for growth means no two days are ever the same. As a member of this collaborative team, you can develop your skills, challenge your entrepreneurial spirt and push your career to the next level.
W e work hand-in-hand with our clients from across virtually every industry to improve business performance, drive shareholder value and create competitive advantage. Our clients include Canadian and international organizations of all sizes . If you’re eager to tackle complex programs, to learn from some of the biggest leaders in the industry, and to offer clarity in an ever-changing world, Consulting may be right for you. Get inspired by the talented people around you and let your story unfold at Deloitte. Broaden your skills. Broaden your reach. Broaden your career. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
At Monitor Deloitte, Managers are a key leader in project delivery. The primary role of the Manager is to oversee day-to-day delivery of entire client engagements or major workstreams within a large, multi-team project situations. Managers support project teams by leading and providing guidance on tactical project activities (e.g., project and client management, contributing to the project’s intellectual agenda, identifying and framing critical strategic choices, designing and facilitating implementation and change processes). Managers also play an important role in overseeing the output of junior team resources, while helping train and develop junior team members for long-term success. Managers also contribute to the development of the Monitor Deloitte practice through internal leadership roles (e.g., campus recruitment, published thought leadership).
Specifically, our Managers:
- Cultivate and build long term relationships with client-side peers
- Identify and support business development opportunities
- Contribute to the intellectual agenda for all client engagements for which they are responsible
- Assume day-to-day project delivery responsibilities for Strategy projects across all industries, supported by a core team of Consultants; successfully deliver projects that ensure client satisfaction, on-time completion, and project profitability
- Offer expertise in areas of specialization ‑ industry and skill-specific
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Strategy practice
- Participate in the development and delivery of Strategy competency training programs
- Assume internal leadership roles focused on practice development (e.g., campus recruiting, thought leadership/IP development)
- Actively mentor and coach team members and other junior resources across the practice
We are looking for high-performing and dynamic candidates who embody and have a track record in the following areas:
- A strong academic record with MBA or comparable graduate degree strongly preferred
- At least 7 years’ professional experience in a strategic development or advisory role
- Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams through complex engagements
- Exceptional intellectual horsepower, including strong critical thinking skills, analytical abilities, and the capacity for lateral/creative thinking
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and have a point of view on relevant strategic topics across industries
- Prior consulting experience a very strong asset
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with project problem diagnosis, hypothesis and solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving beyond current project
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A sense of altruism
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada The ability to enter the USA and work on client assignments is an asset The ability to enter the EU and other developed countries is an asset
Thank you in advance for your interest. Please be advised that we will only be contacting selected candidates who will be invited to interview.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24