OverviewDell Foglight Enterprise Tech Supp Consultnt Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Foglight Enterprise Tech Supp Consultnt
Ensures that service requests requiring Developments assistance are properly prioritized by the Development team….
Responsible for assisting engineers in order to resolve service requests in a timely manner and uphold Support’s best practices. Act as the primary technical lead for their product team and also be accountable for training new hires. He/she will mentor other Technical Product Specialists to help meet the corporate goals. Act as a leading liaison working proactively with Product Management and R&D to assist during the product development stages to lowering demand on Support by driving changes in products to eliminate commonly reported customer issues, improve product usability and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Primarily responsible for assisting support engineers in resolving service requests. Monitors their teams’ queue for service requests that may require an additional level of technical expertise in an effort to facilitate timely resolution. Reviews requests for assistance to R&D to ensure that all requirements have been met and the issue cannot be resolved within the Support team. Participates as a collaborative, proactive member of the Support team and maintain high standards of excellence and a strong work ethic. May maintain a number of service requests as required.
- Acts as a recognized subject matter expert for a given product or set of products within a support team. Takes the lead for learning new functionality and/or features in releases with the responsibility of transferring this knowledge to the support team through solution creation, training development and delivery. Mentors the support engineers on product knowledge by conducting sessions with the teams to ensure support readiness. May function as the global representative in this role where there is no regional product specialist present.
Ensures that service requests requiring Developments assistance are properly prioritized by the Development team. Work with Product Management and R&D to identify areas to lower the demand on support by eliminating common reasons why customers open service request
- Assists in managing the customer relationship with respect to escalated product issues.
- Provides technical assistance outside of ‘standard working hours’ to their support team and/or the duty engineers (on-call support engineers), or managers to assist with Level 1 product issues.
- Acts as a technical support lead for Dell Software Group’s (DSG) cross portfolio and acquisition integration initiatives.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education equivalent to a 4 year college or university education with an emphasis in computer science, business administration or a related field.
Requires approximately 10+ years of experience working in a technical support department for a medium to large software company or the equivalent related technical experience. Previous experience as a Technical Product Specialist is required
Demonstrates knowledge of the underlying technologies associated with Quest’s products. Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, negotiation, and platform communications. Possess a strong people orientation with the ability to listen, work and resolve issues to achieve customer satisfaction.
Product Services – Enterprise Technical Support
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31