OverviewDeaf & Hear Alberta Hearing Services Coordinator Full Time in Calgary, AB
Deaf & Hear Alberta
Branch Calgary AB CA
Hearing Services Coordinator
Develop and implement community engagement strategies to enable the widest possibleawareness and understanding of this educational series, by identifying and…
Are you a creative go-getter who is self-motivated to get the job done? Can you create plans and tacticsto drive a program forward? Are you a natural relationship builder? Is public speaking something atwhich you excel?
Deaf & Hear Alberta is looking for a dynamic and organized individual to coordinate our Sound Adviceprogram. Sound Advice is an educational program that demystifies hearing loss. It offers tools,strategies and coping skills to help people with hearing loss engage more fully in life.
The Sound Advice Coordinator will be responsible for all program coordination (program marketing,workshop delivery, coordination of registration process, connecting with participants, programingtracking, monitoring and evaluation). The Coordinator will diligently and creatively find ways to connectin the community to build the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Engagement and Education
- Develop and implement community engagement strategies to enable the widest possibleawareness and understanding of this educational series, by identifying and building onpartnerships with other nonprofit agencies, hearing health practitioners, seniors groups, andother community stakeholders.
- Design and implement initiatives to engage partners in identifying individuals who would benefitfrom the programming.
- Create messaging for the program and determine appropriate delivery mechanisms that willreach the intended audience.
- Engage the organization’s members, donors and other stakeholders to become informed aboutand champion the project so it may receive the widest profile possible.
- Refine and develop new educational modules focused on management strategies for peoplewith hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Manage all aspects of program coordination, management and delivery, including marketingand promotion, course registration, arranging for instructors when necessary and connectingwith participants.
- Manage all aspects of program tracking, monitoring and evaluation including the creation anddistribution of tools for program evaluation and participant feedback.
- Create content for Website, Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Provide support for ongoing and new programs within Hearing Services including the Peer-to-Hear mentorship program and hearing loss prevention initiatives.
Experience and Skills Required:
- A minimum of three years of experience in program coordination, including program design,planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in adult education, gerontology, health services would be anasset; equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- An outgoing people person able to initiate and build relationships in the community.
- Experience with public speaking, workshop delivery and/or group presentations is required.
- Highly motivated, demonstrates initiative and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrates sound judgement, time-management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office(Outlook/word/Excel)
- Experience with social media is an asset.
- Willing to be flexible with a positive attitude.
Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license an asset
Interested Applicants please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to:
Leslie Brachman, HR Administrator
Deaf & Hear Alberta
63 Cornell Road NW
Calgary, Alberta T2L 0L4
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is September 29th, 2016.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21