Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2015-08-16
DB Schenker Canada Operations Supervisor- Six Month Contract Temporary in Mississauga, ON
DB Schenker Canada
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Operations Supervisor- Six Month Contract
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. Position Description Summary:….
Position Description Summary:
Reporting to the Operations Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective operation of all assigned shift, warehouse activities including picking, shipping and receiving.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Ensure inventory integrity by timely and accurate receiving, picking, shipping, VAS and inventory management.
- Execute daily customer/vendor contract requirement and identify accessorial activity and ensure necessary documentation.
- Provide professional environment with relation to external customers such as drivers, dispatchers, customer representatives.
- Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service
- Organize and lead the focus on improved productivity levels in a manner that first stresses effectiveness by improving processes and secondly stresses efficiency of the associate work.
- Ensure the associates have proper access to the necessary tools to perform their assigned duties and that the tools are routinely inspected and cared for (i.e MHE, Scanners, printers, PC)
- Communicate and implement change as directed.
- Health and Safety compliance in accordance with company policies.
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior.
- Ensure compliance with OHS procedures and practices.
- Supervision of all staff under your direct or indirect control.
- Ensure all resources are utilized efficiently.
- Continuously monitor the performance and activities of the shift operations through the use of KPI’s, with a primary focus on cost controls.
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced (i.e. operational, safety, regulatory and administrative.
- Plan, manage and adjust the daily workload and staffing to minimize the unplanned Overtime.
- Maximize quality and productivity by understanding job standards for each function, and evaluating performance variances in order to identify root cause and corrective action.
- Participate in the completion of workshop action plans, projects and best practices sharing /implementation.
- Collaborate with other sites to share in safety, processes and best practices initiatives.
- Administration duties as required to ensure daily KPI performance is achieved.
- High school or equivalent