Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-05-24
DAYS INN AND SUITES Front Desk Agent Full Time in Moncton, NB
DAYS INN AND SUITES
Branch Moncton NB CA
Front Desk Agent
In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced…
- Demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude and be committed to providing exceptional guest care through use of initiative and empowered decision
- Check in/check out guests in a friendly and professional manner ensuring accuracy of all information/billing
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Holloway and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Carry out all Guest Services and cashiering duties achieving accuracy and logical work sequence
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Promptly answer the switchboard in a friendly, caring and courteous manner ensuring messages are recorded and promptly passed on or voicemail explained/utilized in line with property and company
- Be skilled in the taking of reservations and understand and apply yield management principles and selling techniques in order to maximize on Revenue Per Available Room and contribute to achieving or exceeding the department
- Be competent in the use of the computer in line with laid down
- Liaise with Housekeeping and Maintenance regarding the availability of rooms in order to contribute to the smooth running of the property and the satisfaction of our
- Send faxes, make photocopies, as required by the guest ensuring correct charging for all business services.
- Be alert to/respond to guest needs ensuring special requests are dealt with or channeled through to the appropriate department with documentation and follow up as required in order to contribute to the development of customer
- Carry out security checks of the lobby (or liaise with security as appropriate) to ensure property and employee safety following procedures laid down by property
- Ensure full completion of all duties relating to the shift and a concise hand over in order to assist the smooth running of the property, effective team work and guest
Job Type: Full-time