OverviewDawson College Trades Helper – Second Posting Full Time in Westmount, QC
Branch Westmount QC CA
Trades Helper – Second Posting
Washing, cleaning, gluing, sanding and polishing surfaces, painting, laying cables as well as in the installation and repair of low voltage wall plugs and…
NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of the employee in this employment class involves the carrying out of various tasks to help qualified workers.
Specifically, the incumbent will help qualified workmen in the particular fields of cleaning, moving, carpentry, painting, masonry, electricity, plumbing, ventilation and mechanical work.
• Carries out corrective and preventive maintenance work on the grounds, buildings and equipment; performs routine inspections and reports PM readings,
• Performs preparatory and incidental tasks as directed, such as setting up materials, equipment and tools for a job (i.e. pipe fitting, running cables, scaffolding, drills holes, install connection boxes, mortar, plaster and other similar material or coatings, etc.),
• Assists qualified workmen, installs basic components and accomplishes finishing work (i.e. washing, cleaning, gluing, sanding and polishing surfaces, painting, laying cables as well as in the installation and repair of low voltage wall plugs and switches; splices and puts brackets on the wires, etc.),
• Assures filter replacement and maintains inventory stock levels; adjusts or replaces belts and pulleys as required,
• Performs basic functions using our computerized ventilation management system; determines HVAC status and is able to start and stop systems as required,
• Operates specialized measurement equipment and tools; and uses test equipment to calibrate instruments and performs heating/chilled water tests,
• Handles and transports merchandise, furniture, goods and materials,
• Keeps work areas and tools orderly and ensures cleanliness of area during and after work completion, such as mechanical, electrical and storage rooms,
• Removes snow from entrances, and sidewalks; applies sand and salt as required for safety purposes,
• Assist in performing set-ups when required
• For temporary replacement purposes, secondary functions may include, but are not limited to shipping, receiving and sports complex.
• Performs any other related duties.
No specific qualifications are required.
• Basic knowledge of English and French (testing may be required)
• Knowledge of fields of carpentry, painting, masonry, electricity, plumbing, ventilation and mechanical work
• Knowledge of techniques used by several specialized trades relating to general maintenance and familiar with operation of appropriate tools
• Ability to read basic building plans
• Interested in learning techniques of various trades
• Task and team oriented
• Must possess good customer service skills
• Basic ability to use computers
• Ability to work independently
Required Tests :
Please note that a cover letter addressed to Rita Smith is mandatory. If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach an updated resume.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an email acknowledgment asking you to update your file and submit your resume for your application to be considered.
Priority is given to internal candidates within their employment category. We thank all applicants for their interest in Dawson College, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Westmount, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06