OverviewDawson College Financial Management Officer Full Time in Westmount, QC
Branch Westmount QC CA
Financial Management Officer
Develop and maintain relationships with external payroll representatives and banking institutions. Organize, verify, supervise and evaluate the payroll…
NATURE OF WORK
The financial management officer is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of procedures and schedules of activities in the area of payroll, reconciliation and reporting. The incumbent will coordinate and exercise functional supervision of the college’s payroll team.
• Organize, verify, supervise and evaluate the payroll operation for approximately 1000 employees
• Keep current on all government regulations pertaining to taxes, QPP, EI, etc.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external payroll representatives and banking institutions
• Review the payroll system and the development of system reports with a view to improving the service
• Generate payroll reports required for year-end reporting by the College’s Finance Department, registrar’s office and auditors
• Perform account reconciliation and analysis as well as maintaining assigned G/L accounts throughout the year
• Analyze and generate reports pertaining to payroll as requested by government or College bodies
• Process salary modifications, retroactivity, changes in regulations or service, and communicate these changes to employees – salary, union dues, pension contributions, etc.
• Maintain detailed records of sabbatical leave plan and payroll clearing account
• Plan the process and preparation of the annual SPOC, CNESST and CARRA reports and related documents for transmission and ensure their dispatch within deadlines
• Communicate with employees, CARRA, Federal and Provincial authorities, auditors, unions, etc regarding payroll information and processing
• Examine and reconcile payments and ensure that disbursements are allocated to the appropriate budgets and in conformity with acceptable procedures
• Provide training to College employees on payroll self-service interfaces
• Process payroll for all College employees as required
• Distribute, coordinate and supervise work of the payroll clerks in the department
• Train and assist employees assigned to the area
• Perform other related duties as required
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of specialization, preferably Commerce or Business Administration.
• Must possess excellent communications skills, both oral and written in both English and French (testing may be required)
• Must possess up-to-date knowledge of information technology related to payroll systems
• Must have advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills (testing may be required)
• Must have a minimum of 4 years experience in an automated payroll environment
• Must have strong accounting skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people and able to handle difficult situations
• Able to maintain department standards with respect to the confidentiality of information
• Previous experience in a unionized environment would be an asset
• Knowledge of Retraite Quebec (CARRA) Pension Plan would be an asset
Required Tests :
We kindly ask all Dawson College employees to apply through the Omnivox – MyDawson Portal.
Include a cover letter with your application, addressed to Rita Smith.
Please note that internal applicants have priority for all positions. We thank all applicants for their interest in Dawson College, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Dawson College respects the principles of equal access to employment in all selection processes.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Westmount, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01