OverviewDawson College Analyst (IT Network & Security Analyst) Full Time in Westmount, QC
Branch Westmount QC CA
Analyst (IT Network & Security Analyst)
Provide support expertise to the team on the related technologies. Maintain a technology watch and internal documentation related to networking and security;…
NATURE OF WORK
The job of analyst involves more specifically the analysis, development, coordination and monitoring of systems, methods and processes in connection with, among others, processing of information by computer or other means, organization and administrative operation, and communication structures, with a view to efficient use of the College’s resources.
Reporting to the Director of Information System and Technology, specifically the IT Network & Security Analyst (NSA) is responsible for the design, administration and maintenance of the college’s network infrastructure, network security analysis and security operations.
- Plan the network infrastructure, including wired, wireless and virtual networks, to respond to evolving needs, improve performance and redundancy.
- Lead the investigation, development, implementation and maintenance of security equipment such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Assess and monitor vulnerabilities and risks in the infrastructure, including alerts, penetration tests and periodic internal audits; coordinate tasks related to external audits.
- Develop plans and coordinate deployment or upgrades of equipment and software; provide support expertise to the team on the related technologies.
- Maintain a technology watch and internal documentation related to networking and security; including reports and technical specifications for tendering.
- Work with the Incident Coordinators to ensure the College declares and responds to security alerts on CERT/AQ; when appropriate coordinate the follow-ups of incidents.
- Assist in writing and updating college IT policies related to security, and in conducting sensitivity awareness activities to the Community.
- Assist in the reviews of the disaster recovery plan, its implementation and testing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Information Systems and Technology.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science; Management Information Systems (MIS); or Computer Engineering.
- Three (3) years recent experience in a similar position.
- Familiarity with federal and provincial privacy laws, and standards such as ISO 27001
- A network and security certification (CISM, CCNA, CCNP, CISA, CISSP, NSE4, etc.) is an asset
- Demonstrated operational expertise with leading brands of networking and security equipment such as HP, Palo Alto, Fortinet, etc.
- Demonstrated project management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Advanced spoken and written English skills.
Required Tests :
Please note that a cover letter is mandatory. If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach an updated resume.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an email acknowledgment asking you to update your file and submit your resume for your application to be considered.
Priority is given to internal candidates within their employment category. We thank all applicants for their interest in Dawson College, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Westmount, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-06