OverviewDanby Accounting Associate (8-month contract) Temporary in Guelph, ON
Branch Guelph ON CA
Accounting Associate (8-month contract)
Participate in on-going efforts at process improvement by recognizing inefficiencies and making appropriate recommendations….
Danby is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 65 years. We are currently a leader in the appliance market, producing innovative, quality products at competitive pricing. Our products are marketed under seven brand names: Danby®, Danby Designer®, Danby Diplomat®, Danby Premiere®, Simplicity®, Arcticaire®, and Silhouette®, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Under the general direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Associate is responsible for assisting in all aspects of financial accounting including monitoring and tracking bank activity, coding expenses, month end and year end preparation and managing petty cash.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for recording bank activity.
- Tracks and update bank activity
- Tracks and update letter of credit drawings
- Performs cash receipts application
- Performs cash status reporting on a daily basis
- Delivers bank deposits to the bank, as well as general correspondence to parent company.
- Prepares FOB Documents upon absence of claims coordinator
- Covers AP Associate when necessary (eg. Check runs, voucher entry)
- Creates, organizes, maintains, and updates files and records utilizing database and spreadsheet software
2. Responsible for assisting with month end preparation.
- Reconciles bank accounts and selected general ledger accounts
- Reconciles inventory receipts with letter of credit draws
- Prepares sales tax remittances
- Clears A/P cheques, wires
- Enters and posts A/R contra entries
3. Responsible for petty cash administration.
- Reviews requests for petty cash
- Reconciles and expenses cash flow
4. Responsible for assisting with year end close.
- Assists in year end inventory count
- Assists in preparation of year end working papers
- Maintains an audit trail of documents and records
- Assists auditors when necessary
- Eligible candidate must have a 3 year College Diploma in Business Admin or Finance plus 2-3 years direct work experience in accounting or equivalent experience.
- Enrolment in a recognized accounting program is a definite asset.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices is required.
- Knowledge of letters of credit is considered an asset.
- Advanced understanding of Excel spreadsheets and formulas and a working knowledge of MS Office Suite, as well as prior experience with accounting software packages.
- Prior experience within an import/export business and knowledge with FOB documents are considered an asset.
- Communicate in a clear and effective manner both verbally and in written correspondence.
- Prioritize tasks to work in an efficient and organized manner.
- High level of mathematical skill.
- Attention to detail.
- Participate in on-going efforts at process improvement by recognizing inefficiencies and making appropriate recommendations.
The Accounting Associate works in an office setting. The individual spends most of his/her time in a seated position. Data entry is required of the individual on a regular basis. May be required to enter the warehouse from time to time as part of job function.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Guelph, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31