OverviewCustomer Information Representative #16463 in Richmond Hill, ON
Branch Richmond Hill ON CA
Customer Information Representative #16463
Richmond Hill, ON
is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce…
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
York Region is one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities and as part of our diverse and highly engaged team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that foster economic vitality, further a sustainable environment, enhance our public services and promote a healthy community. York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Region, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service is responsible for providing in-person customer service at various transit locations/facilities and on transit vehicles, and providing customer assistance, including responding to questions, resolving issues, distributing information and materials, and documenting customer input with the overall goal of increasing customer satisfaction.
• Successful completion of a Secondary School diploma or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum one (1) year demonstrated experience in a customer service environment, providing pro-active, in-person customer service to individuals.
• Demonstrated knowledge of complaint and conflict resolution techniques.
• General knowledge of services provided by York Region Transit.
• Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license, free and clear of offences under the Highway Traffic Act, and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills to resolve customer issues, conflicts and complaints both in-person and by telephone.
• Computer literacy in MS Office software applications including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, the internet, and familiarity with databases.
• Ability to make sound decisions using good judgment.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to work shifts, weekends, and holidays, as required.
As Required and Varied
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by September 24, 2014, quoting competition #16463. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.
$25.66 – $27.88 per hour. This is a Union position.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Richmond Hill, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13