OverviewCrosslinx Transit Solutions Quality Director Full Time in Toronto, ON
Crosslinx Transit Solutions
Branch Toronto ON CA
Development/issue of Quality Surveillance Assignments and Directives as well as review/approval of reports generated by project QA/QC personnel….
Crosslinx Transit Solutions (CTS) is a consortium comprised of EllisDon, SNC-Lavalin, Aecon and ACS. CTS has been selected by Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario to deliver the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit Project and seeking a Construction Quality Director to join one of our major LRT (Light Rail Transit) projects in Ontario.
Construction Quality Director
To perform this role successfully, this Director shall be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Developing, implementing and managing the Construction Quality Management Plan, which includes, quality system procedures, Inspection and Test Plans, Work Methods.
- In partnership with the Quality Managers (Design, Traffic and Environment), the CQMP must meet the requirements of ISO 9001 2008 and be fully implemented within 180 days
- Management of the Construction Quality Team to ensure the Inspection and test plans are fully implemented and the completed work comply with the design and project requirements.
- Preparing Quality Audit Programs, scheduling and coordinating Internal Quality Audits, External Quality Audits and Independent Quality Audits of the relevant processes and subcontractors
- Initiating Management Reviews and taking other actions necessary to ensure the effective operation and continuous improvement of the Construction Quality System
- Develop the Quality requirements sections to be included in the Project Specifications for the procurement of materials and services
- Conducting supplier/subcontractor quality assessments
- Review and approval of Quality Assurance/Quality Control submittals from suppliers and subcontractors
- Development/issue of Quality Surveillance Assignments and Directives as well as review/approval of reports generated by project QA/QC personnel
- Development of monthly Construction QMS Reports
- Management of Construction Non Conformities to ensure timely resolution including identifying and implementing Corrective Actions as required
- Management of and participation in internal and external client quality audits
- Development and implementation of quality orientation and training programs for Construction
- Ensuring that relevant records are maintained and retained in accordance with the Quality Management System
- Certified as quality professionals from certifying bodies, as a minimum successful completion of an ISO 9001: 2008 Lead Auditor Course.
- A minimum of ten (10) years quality management experience in construction of infrastructure/transit projects
- University Degree or Diploma of Technology (civil, mechanical preferred)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and leadership skills as well as the ability to work in a demanding multidisciplinary environment
- Experience in Managing a team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors
- Excellent working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Standard and familiarity with various industry codes, standards and regulations governing quality management
- Experience in development of Quality System Procedures, Inspection and Test Plans etc.
- Knowledge of inspection and NDT methods, procedures and reports
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24