OverviewCredit Valley Conservation Technician, Landscape Science Contract in Mississauga, ON
Credit Valley Conservation
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Technician, Landscape Science
Post-Secondary education in ecology, geography, environmental studies, physical sciences or related field….
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Reporting to the Ecologist – Landscape Science, this position will support the Landscape Science program. Major roles include research, analysis and tool development to guide restoration and protection of the Credit River Watershed Natural Heritage System.
- Post-Secondary education in ecology, geography, environmental studies, physical sciences or related field
- Familiarity with the ecology of the Credit River watershed and southern Ontario
- Demonstrated knowledge in interdisciplinary and environmental sciences, landscape ecology and resource management principles
- Knowledge of GIS concepts and practices with emphasis on ESRI products
- Experience with analysis of complex ecological datasets
- Ability to research and report on topical scientific issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the production and review of technical science based documents
- Good working knowledge of word-processing, database management and other office computer software
- Valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS
- Conduct research and landscape analyses to support the Natural Heritage System
- Assist with project planning and coordination of the development of mapping tools, including watershed stressors mapping and climate change vulnerability mapping
- Technical support to the Landscape Science Ecologist for Urban Forest projects, in collaboration with partner agencies
- Work on cross-departmental teams with GIS staff on the development of landscape science mapping products and GIS statistics.
- Data management for the Natural Heritage System
- Participate in committees and technical teams to transfer watershed science information across groups
- Assistance with literature reviews and information management
Anticipated Start and End Dates: February 26, 2018 – December 14, 2018 (35 hours/week)
Annual Salary Starting at: $53,117
Forward resume and cover letter by January 21, 2018 to:
Credit Valley Conservation
E-mail: [email protected] or Fax (905) 670-2210
Please quote “Technician, Landscape Science” on resume/letter.
Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Word format
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11