OverviewCRD Property Systems Officer Temporary in Victoria, BC
Branch Victoria BC CA
Property Systems Officer
Proficient at interpreting Encumbrances, Legal Survey Plans, and other legal documents. With courses in urban land economics,….
Reporting to the Manager, Real Estate Services this position provides expertise and guidance specific to
the CRD’s real estate interests. The Property Systems Officer is also responsible for the development and
administration of business processes that utilize other CRD initiatives for the management of Capital
Regional District’s property data and information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiates property acquisitions and dispositions of easements, rights of way, leases, licenses, and fee
simple vacant and improved lands in collaboration with the Manager, Real Estate Services.
- Reviews and prepares internal appraisal reports on real estate interests.
- Conducts field investigations and inspections, as required.
- Coordinates and makes applications for rezoning, O.C.P. amendments, subdivision and A.L.R.
exclusions and uses.
- Co-ordinates tenders for real estate related activities.
- Coordinates referrals and notices for distribution to all CRD departments and prepares replies to the
- Prepares, reviews and submits land tenure applications.
- Prepares financial analysis and real estate proformas evaluating and assessing real estate
- Prepares real estate suitability and feasibility studies, as requested.
- Prepares, amends and reviews land title documents and plans, and legal documents pertaining to land
matters and registers the appropriate documents for the CRD.
- Researches and compiles title, assessment, land use, zoning and property sales and market lease data
and prepares reports and maps and drafts recommendations as required.
- Conducts related real estate research.
- Coordinates with GIS departments for real estate related inquiries.
- Maintains property interest information and data for all easements, rights of way, leases, licenses, and
fee simple vacant and improved lands.
- Works with various CRD departments and external stakeholders to review existing needs and business
processes related to property data and information, develops alternatives that incorporate new CRD
initiatives, makes recommendations for changes and coordinates the implementation of new business
- Works closely with and directs other CRD staff to resolve administrative and technical issues, develop
new processes, creates documentation, and provides recommendations for implementation regarding
management of property data.
- Reviews existing file management practices and provides recommendations for changes that are
consistent with new business processes.
- Tracks and prepares status reports on CRD leases and encumbrances.
- Scans, completes metadata, and applies security settings for property documents in SharePoint.
- Prepares correspondence, memorandums and other documents relating to property matters.
- Responds to queries on property data matters from internal and external stakeholders and prepares
related presentations as required.
- Maintains the Real Estate and Property Task Numbering system.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate Degree (Economics, Geography, Business, etc.) with courses in urban land economics,
plus three to five (3-5) years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of experience,
education and training.
- Proficient at interpreting Encumbrances, Legal Survey Plans, and other legal documents
- Experience with GIS and/or Web Mapping
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Working knowledge of the Land Title Act, Local Government Act, Community Charter, Land Act and
other statutes and regulations.
- Ability to use innovative thinking when considering all regulatory, corporate and operational
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and use of BC Online.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer software including Word, Excel, SharePoint, web
mapping, MS project, Visio, SAP, file management, and databases.
- Ability to research and prepare reports on real property issues.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, meet deadlines and work with minimal direction.
- Basic knowledge of real estate and contract law, real estate conveyance and business case preparation
would be an asset.
- Eligible for Certification with the Real Estate Institute of BC (RIBC), or Appraisal Institute of Canada
(AACI), or the Real Estate Institute of Canada (FRI) be an asset.
(This position is approximately 12 months in length)
This job posting is open only to current CRD employees represented by CUPE Local 1978.
This is a Union position. All CRD/CUPE Local 1978 applicants must submit a cover letter and current
resume for this position. Applications quoting competition number 17/085 will be received by 4:00pm,
April 6, 2017 online: www.crd.bc.ca, by fax (250) 360-3076, by email [email protected], in-person or
through interoffice mail in Human Resources:
The Capital Regional District wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those
candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Posted March 31, 2017
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-03-31