OverviewCox Automotive Office Supervisor Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
About Cox Automotive. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and…
Supporting our Manheim brand, this position assists the Client Services Manager in supervising and coordinating the general office and transportation functions of the Auction, ensuring the accuracy, auditing and completeness of all sales paperwork and documents as well as assisting customers with problems that may arise in the sales process.
- Supervise, schedule, determine work procedures, assign duties, expedite workflow, and supervise front office, transportation and block clerks.
- Review and audit work as necessary to ensure accuracy, conformance to policies and procedures as well as providing a high quality of customer service.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve any problems that may occur in the sales and transportation process.
- Develop, train and ensure effective front office implementation of all Manheim sales marketing promotions. Ensure all front office staff are fully conversant and knowledgeable on all Manheim product offerings.
- Provide accurate and friendly service to dealers and interact with other departments as necessary to resolve customer problems.
- Assist with resolving complex issues that have been escalated. Provide conflict resolution coaching to team members.
- Maintain and monitor office equipment and supplies inventory.
- Help with other duties, assist vendors, and answer employee questions regarding procedures and services, etc.
- Supervise and administer sale day functions including front counter service, collecting & posting payments, matching ownerships with invoices and cheques, customer service, data entry, filing and routing, etc.
- Provide quality customer service through fact to face and phone support. Answer questions and provide support.
- Perform basic data entry into the AS 400 computer system when required.
- Oversee the preparation, issuance, and mail out of correspondence, bills, invoices, receipts, checks, or other documents.
- Copy data and compile records and reports. Sort and file documents.
- Operate office equipment, such as copier, fax machine, scanner, postage machine, etc.
- Ensure proper reception coverage for phones, convey messages, and run errands when required. Ensure front office effectively greets and assists customers.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- Provide counseling and disciplining of employees as necessary. Under the direction of the manager, plan, monitor and evaluate employee job performance, and assist manager in conducting performance appraisals.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in applicable discipline required.
- 1-3 year’s Office and Supervisory experience required.
- Experience in the automobile industry or the Auction business preferred.
- Strong communication and interaction skills required.
- Understanding of key performance metrics and a mid-level skill ability to effectively utilize Excel and Word to create professional documents.
- Effective and competent supervisory, office management, and organizational skills required.
- Good computer and software knowledge, including AS400 an asset.
- Must be well-organized, thorough, and attentive to details.
- Must be a self-starter able to work problems through to successful completion.
- Must be team-oriented, pleasant, and professional.
- Must be willing to work closely with others, often under tight time constraints.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: CA-AB-Edmonton-12866 153 St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Lead/Supervisor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04