OverviewCovers.com Web Product Coordinator – 6 Month Term Temporary in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Web Product Coordinator – 6 Month Term
Grow the business:. Post-secondary degree with a focus in Business, Digital Marketing, UX. Ideally you would be able to analyze and evaluate new business…
Covers.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chicago’s Tribune Media Company, is the one-stop destination for current and accurate sports gaming information. This position will report directly to the Product Manager at Cover Media Group (CMG)
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, game-changing online sports data company, and will provide the ideal candidate with valuable experience working in a start-up-like environment. We are looking for a Product Coordinator to report to the Product Manager and work closely with the Product and Web Design team members at the Halifax offices of Cover Media Group (Covers.com).
The successful candidate will have proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
- Get involved: We want someone who is willing and able to dive head first into our business. Develop a deep understanding of the needs and business objectives of internal stakeholders and our users.
- Grow the business: We love great ideas. Ideally you would be able to analyze and evaluate new business opportunities. We’ll be looking for design solutions that align with the strategic direction of the company and resonate with current or prospective users. Essentially you are driving new business while keeping our core user base in mind.
- Be organized: Do you take pride in having your ducks in a row? Responsibilities include driving feature prioritization, website process improvements, and digital product development with an eye on key performance indicators.
- Communicate with a coder: You have the technical chops to effectively communicate with a member of our IT Technology team. Proactively provide user and business context to engineering team and engage at a detailed technical level to drive product requirements.
- Ahead of the curve: Our industry moves fast. Stay on top of digital, media, and general technology trends; translate them into value for the company, share with product and business teams, devise ways to understand trends internally.
- 2-5 years product development experience in the digital media space
- Experience with analytics, SEO, UX design
- Experience working side by side with engineers, front end developers, digital marketers and digital media sales people
- Data-driven and an entrepreneurial self-starter who deals well with ambiguity
- Strong, influential cross-functional team leader with great collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Post-secondary degree with a focus in Business, Digital Marketing, UX
- Knowledge of sports and sports betting industry preferred
This position will be based out of our office in Bayers Lake, Halifax and will be a full-time role.
Please submit your resume in the first instance to [email protected]
Closing date for applications; March 23 rd , 2018
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com .
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-03-04