OverviewCourtyard by Marriott PT Room Inspector/Room attendant Part Time in Halifax, NS
Courtyard by Marriott
Branch Halifax NS CA
PT Room Inspector/Room attendant
To identify, act and follow up on maintenance deficiencies and opportunities. Responsible for the proper administration of key control for issues keys or keys…
Part-Time Room Inspector/Room Attendant
Summary: Responsible for the cleaning, checking and preparation of guest room suites and Public Areas while maintaining system standards and consistency. Must have a keen Eye for detail.
1. Clean assigned suites according to System standards. This includes making beds, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming carpets, washing dishes and dusting furniture and all other cleaning duties. Must be able to clean all suites types in given amount of time.
2. Place and restock useable items in the suite including all paper items, soap, towels, matches and candy, according to System Standards.
3. Operate housekeeping equipment in a correct and safe manner.
4. Maintain and restock Housekeeping carts and closets daily.
5. Know and follow hotel emergency procedures.
6. Responsible for the proper administration of key control for issues keys or keys left by guests in suite.
7. To identify, act and follow up on maintenance deficiencies and opportunities. Follow proper procedures
8. Accommodate guest special requests courteously.
9. Assist other Housekeeping staff as needed.
10. Employees will be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Weekends, holidays and on call basis are common.
11. Check assigned rooms according to System standards.
12. Know hotel emergency procedures.
13. Immediately log and store all lost and found to the Housekeeping Manager’s office.
14. Report immediately to the Housekeeping Manager or Manager on Duty any out of the ordinary situation in the guests’ suite or guest area including unreported pets, parties in the suite, unusually dirty suites or a vacant suite when the room is through to be occupied.
15. Answer all guest questions regarding the hotel and local area facilities and services.
16. May be rotated in and out of all areas of the hotels and called on for assistance.
17. Carry out any reasonable request by management.
18. Greet all guests and co-workers in a friendly manner.
19. Maintain hotel policies on safety and security.
20. Maintain a safe work area at all times.
21. Repetitive Tasks for long periods of time, physically demanding, Standing, walking, bending, lifting, crouching, kneeling. Must be able to lift 20lbs
22. Must have the desire to work in a team-based environment
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions determined by the supervisor or Manager. Performance will be monitored using such tools as checking rooms, measuring attendance, punctuality and teamwork. Performance reviews are conducted annually and after the three-month probationary period.
Deadline for Applications: June 30,2015
Please forward all Applications to Debbie Eagles, Housekeeping Manager, Marriott Courtyard Halifax
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23