OverviewCOSTI Immigrant Services Office Assistant Ref#77-16 Full Time in Toronto, ON
COSTI Immigrant Services
Branch Toronto ON CA
Office Assistant Ref#77-16
Provides administrative and secretarial support for the centre. COSTI REQUIRES AN OFFICE ASSISTANT FOR ITS VAUGHAN….
COSTI REQUIRES AN OFFICE ASSISTANT FOR ITS VAUGHAN
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES LOCATION
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment, rehabilitation and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org
This is a full-time non-union contract position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week &
gt; > > > > > > Reposted
- Provides administrative and secretarial support for the centre
- Operates the main switchboard, screens and directs calls to appropriate person
- Schedules and contacts clients to remind them of appointments
- Follows-up on client workshop attendance
- Handles client inquiries in person, on the telephone and via email regarding centre’s programs.
- Responsible for input client/employer data into CaMS and other data entry
- Verifies tracking sheet and complies statistical reports
- Types and proofreads correspondence, reports, flyers and forms
- Prepares materials for program outreach
- Liaises with Community Agencies across York Region to promote our services
- Provides follow-up services on clients participating in the program.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet and email.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 12 months office experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards employment needs of newcomers.
- Ability to communicate in another language would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the employment programs and youth-related services would be an asset.
- Knowledge of CIS and CaMS would be an asset.
LOCATION 3100 Rutherford Road, Suite 102, Vaughan, ON
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $20.29 to $21.83 per hour
DURATION: October 3, 2016 to December 30, 2016
POSTING DATE: September 6, 2016
CLOSING DATE: September 19, 2016
Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
Priority consideration will be given to those on notice of recall
If you are interested, please quote Reference 77-16
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
“We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.”
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08