OverviewCost Analyst in Moncton, NB
Canada Bread Company
Branch Moncton NB CA
product/plant cost analysis to support operations. Participate in special projects for cost optimization or process improvements Additional duties as required…
We are currently recruiting for a Cost Analyst who is looking to further develop their career. The successful candidate will work with senior plant management and provide accurate financial reporting and forecasting to the operations team to ensure budgetary fulfillment and corporate alignment. This position is located in one of our high speed manufacturing plants in Moncton, New Brunswick.
This person will be responsible for the following activities:
- Prepare weekly variance reports & analysis
- Analyze actual labor, material, and overhead cost against Standard/Budget. Research and explain variances.
- Prepare bi-weekly forecasting
- Interact with Operations to ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) are accurate and up to date.
- Development of new labor and overhead rates, budget, and forecasts.
- Perform ad hoc product/plant cost analysis to support operations.
- Participate in special projects for cost optimization or process improvements
- Additional duties as required
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA
- Experience with SAP in a CPG Manufacturing environment is preferred
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Strong business acumen with an interest in improving processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to summarize key facts and trends
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel is a must
- Proactive working habits:
- Timely and effective reporting of key financial information to senior management
- Ability and willingness to “mine’ the business looking for trends and opportunities
- University or College degree in Accounting / Finance / Business.
- Actively pursuing a CMA, CGA or MBA is preferred.
If the above sounds like you then we would love to hear from you! To be considered for this role, please apply with a cover letter and resume detailing your education and experience.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Moncton, NB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13