Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2017-01-24
Corvus Energy Material Handler Contract in Lower Mainland, BC
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Lower Mainland, BC
Loading, unloading and material handling within facility. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Material Handler is responsible for all material handling…
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Material Handler is responsible for all material handling functions within the plant as well as supporting the coordination of shipping and receiving for Corvus.
- Loading, unloading and material handling within facility.
- Incoming inspection of product for damaged goods and verification of quantity of product.
- Label and put away products into proper locations.
- Proper transactions, within the ERP system, of materials moved to the production line, finished goods transactions and all inventory.
- Investigate inventory inaccuracies and make necessary adjustments to stock
- Maintain accurate inventory, conduct inventory counts as required
- Ability to operate the forklift
- Keep warehouse organized and in good housekeeping
- Follow standard operating procedures where applicable
- Timely and accurate processing of goods and documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments domestically and internationally.
- Reporting shipment timing and tracking to all departments within Corvus.
- Dangerous goods shipping.
- Daily reporting and logging of inbound shipments to responsible departments.
- Receiving, recording and ensuring safe/secure handling and storage of all incoming goods.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of shipping / receiving areas.
- Fosters a good working relationship with shipping & courier vendors.
- Ensure finished goods are safely and securely stored in finished goods area.
- Assembly of mechanical and electronic components (on an as-needed basis).
- Ability to perform under highly repetitive and routine work situations on a sustained basis
- High School Diploma
- Computer literate with MS Office Suite: Excel skills are mandatory
- Knowledge and familiarity with MRP/ERP systems is mandatory.
- Forklift driving certification
- First Aid certification
- Dangerous Goods knowledge will be required
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to handle a physically demanding role
- Understanding and knowledge of Lean processes.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to prioritize constantly changing list of rush projects.
Job Type: Contract
- High school or equivalent
- Forklift Certification: 1 year
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP systems: 1 year
- Dangerous Goods knowledge: 1 year