OverviewCORUS ENTERTAINMENT. Talk Show Content Producer Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Talk Show Content Producer
Understanding and strengths in New Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). News Talk 770….
News Talk 770
A Corus Entertainment Company
TALK SHOW CONTENT PRODUCER
News Talk 770 has an exciting opportunity for an 8 month term Talk Show Content Producer in our Calgary location. Reporting to the Brand Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing dynamic, interesting and informative locally focused talk shows. This position will require an individual with an insatiable curiosity for all things. An eagerness to always be asking, ‘what’s our next guest or topic?’ is an expected asset.
- Create an exciting, interesting, informative community minded show
- Have diverse knowledge of all things topical both locally and nationally
- Create and research story ideas
- Develop and maintain news contacts
- On-air responsibilities
- Public appearances as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a major market
- Tenacious approach in convincing guests and news makers to join hosts on-air
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills
- News experience, preferably in radio
- Strong and solid interviewing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and national news events
- Good computer skills
- Understanding and strengths in New Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Creative, energetic, fun, outgoing, positive, friendly manner, team player
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by April 2, 2015 to:
Corus Radio Calgary
CHQR Brand Director
170, 200 Barclay Parade SW
Calgary, AB T2P 4R5
Email: [email protected]
*Please include ‘Talk Show Content Producer’ in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
JOB ID: PDCB14J
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21