OverviewCorporation of the County of Bruce Summer Patrol Students (3) Temporary in Wiarton, ON
Corporation of the County of Bruce
Branch Wiarton ON CA
Summer Patrol Students (3)
Must be enrolled for college or university for fall of 2018 or have graduated within the last 6 months (Business, Tourism/Hospitality, Marketing, Public…
Join our team powered by innovation and shared values where explorers turn obstacles into opportunities and individual challenges into shared solutions. You will discover a lifestyle that provides endless opportunity for exploration at work and after. Your adventure with Bruce County starts here.
The County of Bruce is seeking three enthusiastic Summer Students to help support County marketing efforts and administrative requirements. Reporting to the Economic Development Officer – Sector, the Summer Students are important members of the Planning and Development Department. Their day-to-day tasks will include: administrative duties, front line customer service, brochure and package distribution, website management and marketing support. Summer Students will attend popular events in the area and act as ambassadors for the County. In addition, the students will work on a rotating basis at the Visitor Information Centre in Hepworth to promote the Bruce County attractions, communities and destinations to visitors to the area.
The successful candidates will be based out of our Wiarton office from the end of April to the first weekend in September; including some evening and weekend hours (35 paid hours/week).
Interested applicants should review the entire job posting, and then apply online, following the outlined process. Please note that although a resume and cover letter are required, this does not eliminate the need to complete the Applicant Profile, as resumes are screened electronically. Deadline for applications is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 29, 2018.
Requirements Minimum Qualifications:
· Must be enrolled for college or university for fall of 2018 or have graduated within the last 6 months (Business, Tourism/Hospitality, Marketing, Public Relations or other related program preferred)
· Valid Class G driver’s license
· Outgoing & friendly personality
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
· Ability to work weekends and evenings
· In-depth knowledge of Bruce County and its tourism destinations
· Strong understanding of social media management, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
· Understanding of web platforms such as WordPress or MODX
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Wiarton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11