OverviewCorporate Centres Junior Accountant, Fixed Assets Full Time in Saint John, NB
Branch Saint John NB CA
Junior Accountant, Fixed Assets
Saint John, NB
Some independent decision making involved. A good understanding of the underlying businesses with emphasis on capital projects and project life-cycles….
Would you like to be part of a highly motivated and collaborative team? Irving Oil offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities. Founded in 1924, we are a family-owned company with operations throughout Eastern Canada and New England, providing exceptional customer service and high quality products to residential and commercial customers. We’re committed to the communities where we live and work, maintaining a strong tradition of community service and partnerships in healthcare, the environment, education and youth sports.
We are currently seeking Junior Accountant, Fixed Assets to join our Finance team. As a Junior Accountant with Irving Oil you will have the opportunity to be responsible for:
- Asset account maintenance activity (daily) consisting of asset additions, adjustments and disposal transactions; completing clearing account analysis to support GL balances monthly.
- Close process – monthly sub-ledger close activities including depreciation run, system maintenance and verifications.
- Close process – prepare various month-end reports to present asset-related activities at the sub-ledger, country or entity level.
- Close process – various manual journal entries of various complexity.
- Various account reconciliations and analytical review to support the accuracy of the sub-ledger and in-progress projects for the Refining business line.
- Support tax reporting process and tax provision process by completing continuity schedules and capital projects documentation.
- Oracle testing activities (high level and UAT) for patches and other Oracle EBS maintenance events.
- All responsibilities are completed in a multi-currency environment.
- University Degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years in Accounting/Process-related function
- Ability to collaborate and work with stakeholders to ensure process compliance
- Experience in Oracle EBS (Assets) and P2P – FA data flow
- Familiar with Fixed Assets data structures within the S/L
- A good understanding of the underlying businesses with emphasis on capital projects and project life-cycles
- Ability to work across various functions in a collaborative and effective manner while managing expectations
- Capital Projects management processes within Irving Oil
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
- Organized with the ability to work with large amounts of data but still maintain a “big-picture” view
- Some independent decision making involved
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18