OverviewCORIX INFRASTRUCTURE INC Warehouse Technician Contract in Kelowna, BC
CORIX INFRASTRUCTURE INC
Branch Kelowna BC CA
Assigned facilities maintenance duties as required. Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures and inventory control….
Corix Utilities has immediate opportunities for a Contract Warehouse Technician.This position is located out of Kelowna, BC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with deployment personnel to meet daily installation demands.
- Valid Forklift ticket.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or other designated areas.
- Pick and stage inventory.
- Load and verify new meters on installer’s truck. Also verify returned meter counts.
- Unload used meters and transport to the cross dock area.
- Receive new, old and damaged meter shipments.
- Sort and separate returned, damaged, warranty, and salvage meters. Document and ship returned, damaged, warranty, and salvage meters.
- Prepare and maintain records of materials loaded.
- Prepare and maintain records of rejected and unsatisfactory materials as needed.
- Maintain a safe warehouse environment.
- Participate in periodic safety and communication meetings.
- Maintain good vendor relationships.
- Perform physical inventory counts as required.
- Assigned facilities maintenance duties as required.
- Transportation of meters to remote locations as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent education.
- Previous experience working in a high-volume warehouse environment.
- One year of forklift experience and knowledge of hand truck operations.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures and inventory control.
- Knowledge of safety issues and regulations.
- Strong computer and data entry skills.
- Good math and problem solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and follow through.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing for long periods, and walking.
- Ability to drive a 5 ton truck.
- Valid BC drivers license and be able to meet company’s minimum driving record requirement.
- Successfully pass MeterPro test.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
Application Expiry Date: This position will remain open until filled.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at www.corix.com .
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Kelowna, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23