OverviewCONTANGO STRATEGIES LIMITED Assistant Laboratory Technologist Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
CONTANGO STRATEGIES LIMITED
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Assistant Laboratory Technologist
Microbiological media and reagent preparation. The successful applicant will assist other staff with projects and experiments, provide general laboratory…
Contango Strategies (www.contangostrategies.com) is seeking to hire a recent graduate for the position of Assistant Laboratory Technologist. The successful applicant will assist other staff with projects and experiments, provide general laboratory support
and upkeep, and perform laboratory and equipment maintenance. This position will involve both hands-on laboratory work and computer data entry, and would be ideal for an individual with a strong appreciation of detail, orderliness, and attention to quality
The appointment will be a full-time term position, commencing as soon as possible. If you have applied for a similar position with Contango in the past, we encourage interested applicants to re-apply with a new application package for this position.
DUTIES: The successful applicant will be required to perform the following:
– Support scientists and laboratory staff in experiments and trials to meet project
deliverables and timelines
– Microbiological media and reagent preparation
– Laboratory assay testing and monitoring
– Inventory (samples and supplies)
– Equipment maintenance and monitoring
– Laboratory upkeep (e.g., cleaning, autoclaving, washing/prepping glassware)
– Laboratory assays for parameters such as alkalinity, hardness, sulphate, ammonia
– Accurate data entry and data recording
– Aseptic technique
The successful applicant may also be asked to assist with other duties as required.
The candidate should be a recent graduate of a two-year biotechnology diploma (e.g., Sask. Polytech.), or related discipline. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, hands-on experience in a laboratory with use and implementation of aseptic techniques are essential. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office and Excel.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10