OverviewConestoga College International Admissions Officer Full Time in Doon, ON
Branch Doon ON CA
International Admissions Officer
Two year diploma in General Business, Office Administration or other business office, administrative related field….
Full-time Temporary – Initiatives and Opportunities March 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019 (potential extension up to 24 months. Full-time Support Staff will be given first consideration
Responsibilities: We require a qualified individual to join the International Admissions team to coordinate admission activities that support the college international student enrolment plan.
This is a Full-time Temporary – Initiatives and Opportunities position from March 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019 (potential extension up to 24 months)
- Communicating with prospective applicants, students, parents, sponsoring agencies, secondary school guidance counsellors and community agency counsellors
- Receiving and responding to telephone, written, in-person and electronic enquiries on programs, and admission requirements;
- Co-ordinating communication with applicants which includes sending notification of admission decisions and confirmations to applicants, preparing various packages to students including tuition and fees information, practicum requirement packages and other admission related information required by the applicant
- Developing and producing tailored correspondence to clients with special circumstances that are not covered in standard admission letters.
- Ensuring that all qualified applicants have met the published Ministry and College admission requirements and selection criteria;
- Ensuring English proficiency is met (IELTS, PTE, TOEFL or other recognized test) prior to admission letter issued
- Following-up on admission problems with individual applicants;
- Reviewing data for the admission decision process;
- Setting minimum academic and selection benchmarks based on previous statistical reports and experience in consultation with the Manager, International Admissions, Associate Registrar, Program Co-ordinator, Chair and/or Dean and independently making subsequent decisions, based on academic and selection benchmarks
- Monitoring admission/enrolment process, taking action as required ensuring program capacities are met to support the college enrolment plan;
- Issuing letters of acceptance including deferrals and ensuring letters are uploaded to the international admissions portal in a timely manner
- Providing and interpreting statistical information on the number of program applications, length of wait lists, number of applicants, etc.
- Reviewing the admissions process with Manager of International Admissions and making recommendations for implementing and refining admission procedures and systems.
- Advising Program representatives of issues with selection procedures and recommending alternatives
- Liaise with the Registrar admissions office on issues as required
- Two year diploma in General Business, Office Administration or other business office, administrative related field
- Two to five years practical experience in student/client services and experience working with a large database system. Related practical experience working with newcomers to Canada and new Canadians
- Experience working with a large database system
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent listening skills
- Effective time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and in demanding situations
- Highly developed client service skills and ability to respond and problem solve with tact, diplomacy, discretion and professionalism
- Compassion and ability to determine when flexibility can and should be exercised
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kitchener, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-02-11