Concept Project Manager Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Develop, promote and maintain positive relationships with customers, vendors, general contractors, architects, etc. and resolves issues with the client….
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensures every meeting begins with a Safety Minute.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and efficient working environment.
- Follows company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to supervisor.
- Attends and participates in ALL safety/ toolbox meetings
- Ensures there is written authorization to proceed, e.g. Letter of Intent or Contract
- Organizes job turn over meeting to estimating, operations, admin, safety and purchasing
- Manages Cost Control Plan – daily work reports, cost reporting, progress reporting
- Holds job start up meeting complete with minutes and attendees
- Interfaces with estimation and sales in compliance with Concept’s job turnover process.
- Completes estimate package including costs, revenue, and the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Ensures budget is in Jonas with Cost Codes (Labour, Material, etc.)
- Completes monthly PM reports (WIP, Forecast, Manpower, Completion Rate)
- Works with team members of all departments to continuously improve methods with the goals being enhanced safety, enhanced functionality and reduced cost in alignment with Concept’s core values.
- Ensure all front end documents are accurate and in place (contracts, SOV’s, permits, drawings, shop drawing log, change order log, contract revisions, billings)
- Monthly report to SOV and forecast
- Estimate changes with Accubid and pre-established consistent hourly rates
- Inform client of schedule overruns and formulates actions to keep project on time and on budget
- Collects sales leads and passes them over to a sales person and actively seeks new project
- Attends all consultants’ site meetings and site trade coordination meetings as required to support the foreman
- Develop, promote and maintain positive relationships with customers, vendors, general contractors, architects, etc. and resolves issues with the client
- Support customer invoicing and collections
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Familiar with current industry terms and trends
- Knowledge of Monitoring contracts and relationships with monitoring stations
- Post secondary education in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Management certification (PMP) is strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an expanding and demonstrable Project Management role, preferably in the construction industry
- Experience in determining construction labour productivity factors, wage rates, indirect field costs and project adjustment factors.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven organizational and management skills, including the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks and contribute to refinements and improvements in a dynamic environment.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills backed up by an ability to carry through with delivering on implementation of the strategies
- Ability to communicate effectively to all relevant stakeholders from new client prospects, existing clients, internal managed staff to the executive team
- Ability to provide accurate analysis and assessment, while maintaining a sense of urgency to meet the needs of business changes.