Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-09-21
Comtech Group Software Architect – Automotive Infotainment Full Time in Markham, ON
Branch Markham ON CA
Software Architect – Automotive Infotainment
The architect will be deeply involved in requirement analysis and will provide strategic direction to influence future product research and development….
Comtech Group is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing professional services in Engineering, Project Management and Project Capacity Services within a diverse array of industry sectors including Energy, Transportation, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining/Metals and Telecommunications. We are a performance-driven organization, with a dedicated commitment to high-quality service delivery to our clients and world-class project execution.
- The software architect will be an important member of our newly founded software group, which is part of the larger global Engineering team. The architect will be deeply involved in requirement analysis and will provide strategic direction to influence future product research and development. The architect will be responsible for architecting and delivering high quality software solutions and software designs in support of future innovative products.
- Participate in the design of a best-in-class in-vehicle platform for infotainment systems.
- Bridge across multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs and to identify, capture and refine system requirements and to identify innovation opportunities.
- Based on analyzed requirements, provide definition of software architectures, which includes evaluation, selection and integration of all necessary technical components.
- Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas
- Understand, apply and recommend architecture principles in the context of a specific solution.
- Work as technical mentor to deliver necessary trainings and guidance to the entire infotainment development team
- Participates in the evaluation of new technologies for next generation Infotainment Systems.
Qualifications – Required Skills for the position:
- Minimum fifteen years of experience in software development
- Minimum five years of experience as software architect
- Knowledge of software design, selection and deployment techniques and methodologies
- Excellent knowledge and significant experiences with the Android platform, especially the Android framework and architecture
- Solid working experience of architecting and designing for multiple software projects, especially Android architecture compliance, performance tuning and stability
- Excellent Software design and implementation experience in an object-oriented environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to perform diagnostic and investigations based on limited information
- Ability to understand issues from the detailed technical level to the top level/system level
- Working experience with Scrum/Agile software development process
- Experience in leading and directing technical teams in a global environment including design and development or solution architecture teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, disciplined, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule commitment
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team, good team worker
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Software development experience in a variety of OS environments is a plus
- Experience with the development of automotive infotainment solutions is a plus
- Experience with automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices is a plus
- History of success in applying advanced technology to enhance usability of complex systems is a plus
- Professional Engineering Designation is a plus
Comtech Group offers our employees a competitive compensation package with comprehensive employee benefits, and an environment that fosters teamwork & entrepreneurial spirit. Comtech Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time