OverviewCompass Compression Services Ltd. Labourer – Shipper / Receiver Full Time in Calgary, AB
Compass Compression Services Ltd.
Branch Calgary AB CA
Labourer – Shipper / Receiver
Everything we do at Compass Compression is geared towards providing industry leading oil & gas process and compression products for our customers….
Compass Compression is recruiting for the above position. Reporting directly to the Shipping Receiving Manager the shipper will be responsible for the daily parts delivery and pick-up from/to suppliers and clients and courier services between Compass locations and assist shipping and receiving department in the performance of any and all duties as required. These duties include receiving, signing for parts and components delivered, and ensuring the smooth and accurate flow of paperwork, wrapping and securing parts for delivery
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Ship and Receive parts ensuring that all parts are received and proper paperwork is completed and forwarded as per company procedures, maintain accurate records of Shipping Reports
• Drive company vehicles to perform local parts delivery and pick-ups
• Load and secure parts for transport on company flat deck or trailer
• Move parts between machines and storage areas in the shop using a forklift.
• Perform courier services between local Compass locations, clients and suppliers
• Ensure accuracy of parts, materials, and documentation in all activities
• Wear PPE at all times and observe Health and Safety policies
• Participate in the Health and Safety and Quality Control programs
• General labour duties including sweep and clean shop floor areas as required
• Provide recommended maintenance and repair feedback for the operation of the fleet vehicles
Education, Skills, and Experience
• Education and/or Experience in Manufacturing
• Must have Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Clean drivers abstract
• Able to operate a single axle deck trailer including hitching, securing loads and towing
• Forklift training and experience
• Able to read, write, and understand English
• Able to understand and process paperwork as required
• Basic computers skills, Microsoft Office and Nav
• Familiar with Safety programs and requirements
Duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the location or company. Other duties may be assigned, in addition to or in lieu of, those described above.
Everything we do at Compass Compression is geared towards providing industry leading oil & gas process and compression products for our customers.
Established in 2001 and headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Compass offers equipment designed for a wide range of applications including; Gas Gathering and Processing, Acid Gas, Vapour Recovery, Gas Lift, Storage, Separation, Refrigeration, Overheads and Solution Gas.
We complement our Process and Compressor packages with in-house engineering, quality fabrication, field services and retrofitting capabilities to ensure support throughout the project lifecycle.
Compass employees are team players focused on working together to consistently deliver value to our clients. Our expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help us grow our business.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11