OverviewCommunity Living British Columbia Facilitator – 2016.095W Contract in Lower Mainland, BC
Community Living British Columbia
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Facilitator – 2016.095W
Lower Mainland, BC
CLBC is looking to build a workforce that brings fresh ideas, energy and innovation to the field of community living services and reflects the diversity of the…
Community Living BC (CLBC) is a crown corporation and arranges supports and services to adults with developmental disabilities and their families in British Columbia. CLBC is looking to build a workforce that brings fresh ideas, energy and innovation to the field of community living services and reflects the diversity of the population it serves through its many locations across BC. More than just a job. CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration, community and location. CLBC’s dedicated and capable workforce plays a vital role in achieving the vision of ‘good lives in welcoming communities’ for adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
This is an auxiliary position to cover a maternity leave to November 2017. Anticipated 70 hours bi-weekly.
- Represent CLBC as the primary contact for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Includes confirming eligibility for CLBC funded services; supporting and facilitating access to generic services, informal support and CLBC funded services and allocation of small targeted amounts of funding.
- May act as a key point of contact for individuals and their families; responding to crisis situations, resolving problems, coordinating services, creating and implementing individual support plans which include informal and formal safeguards.
- Assist individuals and families to connect to their community, to build on the strengths and assets of the individual, as well as help them develop achievable goals.
- Assist the individual and their families in identifying the activities and resources required to reach their goals, by supporting the individual to explore their capacity and enhance their ability to make informed decisions.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree or equivalent.
- Experience working in Community Living field with children, youth or adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
For a complete list of qualifications and duties please review the job description posted on our website – www.communitylivingbc.ca
Transportation arrangements must meet operational requirements of CLBC. Use of own vehicle on expenses. Successful applicants are subject to a Criminal Record Check (Criminal Records Review Act) and are required to provide a clean Driver’s Abstract.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Suquamish, WA, US
Posted on: 2016-09-21