OverviewCommunity First Foundation Operations & Logistics Assistant Full Time in Lower Mainland, BC
Community First Foundation
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Operations & Logistics Assistant
Lower Mainland, BC
W ork to establish an inventory system to track food both in and out of storage fac ility. Class 5 drivers license required….
Backpack Buddies is a unique local charity who’s aim is to address and fill the weekend hunger gap faced by children living in our Province. M an y children in our communities rely on school meal programs Monday to Friday and are often left with little or nothing to eat for the weekend.
That’s where Backpack Buddie s comes in. We provide backpacks full of food to children in need to take home for weekend consumption. We currently support 1400 children a month, and are rapidly growing.
About the Position:
Due to our rapid growth, we are in need of a n operations and logistics assistant (with a side of jack of all trades!) .
This position is perfect for someone who is looking to get in the door and grow their experience i n the charity space. We want to bring someone onto our team who shares our passion for helping children in need, and is willing to go the extra mile to get things done!
- Manage and maintain delivery schedules between 30+ different schools in the L ower M ainland
- D evelop and streamline delivery systems, with the goal of establishing efficiency
- Manage ordering of product from various venders
- W ork to establish an inventory system to track food both in and out of storage fac ility
- Assist at events when required
- A ttend board meetings to keep minutes
- A ssist in the tax receipting and thank you card process
- Provide on the road assistant on delivery days as required
- Assist with social media updating
- Assisting with fundraising initiatives
Skills & Requirements:
- Extremely organized
- Strong sense of self and ab ility to work independently
- Experience developing inventory and tracking systems preferred
- Experience with Google Docs and all Microsoft programs a must
- BA in Social Sciences preferred
- Class 5 drivers license required
- Experience using Square Space is a huge bonus!
- Work or volunteer experience within the charity industry is required
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10