Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2017-01-23
Comfort Inn Cornerbrook: Westmont Hospitality Group Guest Services Representative Part Time in Corner Brook, NL
Comfort Inn Cornerbrook: Westmont Hospitality Group
Branch Corner Brook NL CA
Guest Services Representative
Corner Brook, NL
Coordinates guestroom maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division. The incumbent is responsible for representing the hotel to the guest…
The incumbent is responsible for representing the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay, determining the guest’s reservation status and identifying their duration of stay. He or she will also process the guest’s method of payment, be customer-service oriented, and work closely with housekeeping and maintenance to ensure room status reports are current and up to date.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Registers guests and assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations/guest arrival.
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Files room keys.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Processes guest check-outs.
- Posts and files all charges to guest, master, and city ledger accounts.
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily, and is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Coordinates guestroom maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administration skills.
- Proficient or familiar with computerized systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of guest service and a genuine desire to exceed guest expectations.
- Present a high degree of professional work ethic and image.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Availability to work day, evening and night shifts any day of the week including weekends and holidays.
- Constantly handling of queries and calls from guests, potential guests, and other departments.
- Mental and visual concentration during computer work daily, for accuracy in data entry and editing.
- Mental effort required in multi-tasking and handling interruptions that require refocusing.
- Listening and mental attentiveness in fulfilling manager’s requirements and accommodating guests
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent