OverviewCollingwood General & Marine Hospital Health Records Coder (2015-158) Full Time in Collingwood, ON
Collingwood General & Marine Hospital
Branch Collingwood ON CA
Health Records Coder (2015-158)
Assign diagnostic and procedural codes to patient records using ICD-10-CA-CCI. Electronically abstract demographic and clinical information from a patient’s…
SHIFT: Days, Monday-Friday on site, with the potential for a remote working arrangement in the future.
– Graduate of an approved Health Information Management Program. New Graduates are invited to apply.
– Must be an active member of the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) and Certified with the Canadian College of Health Information Management.
– Previous hospital experience coding/abstracting inpatient, day surgery and emergency room visits using ICD-10-CA-CCI is preferred.
– In-depth knowledge of CIHI’s Guidelines/Principles; experience with MED2020 Abstracting System, and Microsoft Office Applications
– Working knowledge of Medical Records applications including MPI maintenance, ROI, ICR modules (Meditech preferred.)
– Experience with Scanning and Archiving applications (Meditech preferred)
– Self-motivated, possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills with attention to detail.
– The ability to work independently with minimum supervision and demonstrated initiative are essential.
– Team player
– Well organized
– Excellent communication skills
– Assign diagnostic and procedural codes to patient records using ICD-10-CA-CCI.
– Electronically abstract demographic and clinical information from a patient’s health record in accordance with CIHI’s Guidelines and Principles and Hospital Policies and Procedures.
– Keep abreast with changes in coding practices, CIHI Guidelines/Principles and Hospital Policies and Procedures.
– Potential to assists with responsibilities and inquiries related to Privacy and FIPPA.
– Be familiar with processes for CMG/RIW/CACS grouping/assignment.
– Maintains the provincial eHealth EMPI database utilizing the “Inspector Tool”
– Manage Meditech medical record number assignments and merge duplicate charts when identified.
– Participate in Coding Quality Improvement Workshops, Seminars, and Teleconferences as it pertains to job (CIHI, etc.).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Collingwood, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-30