OverviewCollege of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta Business Analyst Contract in Edmonton, AB
College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Perform systems analysis, translate business requirements into technical solutions applying structured project development life cycle….
This position is a long-term contract for a maternity leave, full-time (35 hours/week).
As the Business Analyst , you will work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements of changes to information systems and their underlying business processes.
- Meet with various department representatives to understand their business requirements and related information management needs
- Convey business requirements to internal programmers or external IT resources and contribute to the creation of information management solutions to business problems
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all College information system applications
- Perform systems analysis, translate business requirements into technical solutions applying structured project development life cycle
- Manage system projects in terms of documentation, prioritization, and end-user testing/acceptance
- Maintain priority task list for programmers
- Provide back-up to the Lead Business Analyst
- Advanced technical knowledge of a specific function or discipline (specialist), or general business knowledge of multiple functions or business processes (generalist) typically obtained through a 2-3 year post-secondary diploma or equivalent
- Requirement for 5 to 8 years of related experience
- Business process visual modeling and charting
- Project management and the use of project management tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meeting facilitation
- Health (includes vision)
- Health & Fitness Benefit
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Parking/Transit Benefit
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 3 weeks vacation
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the College.
This posting is open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the College; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian Citizenship, permanent resident status, or work permit.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-01